31 October 2011

"May I come in?"

In honor of the holiday I am going to share with you a story I just heard tonight.

Last year or so my friend was standing on some scenic cliff near Santa Monica taking pictures. This woman appeared while he was photographing the scenery and stood in his view. Shot after shot she insisted on being in. Finally she comes right up close to him and says "Listen, I've really been having a rough day. Can I come home with you?"
My friend looks at her and says "I've got four guys living back at my place. I'd love to invite you over but there's no room." and he leaves. Couple days later he's going through his film of that day. All the shots of rocky scenery are there but no shots of that lady existed.
So tonight my friend tells me this story, then he says "So you see, I was taking pictures of Jesus."
Without even thinking I said "That wasn't Jesus." The room went cold. My friend stiffened slightly. "Jesus would never have to ask to be invited in," I said. "Jesus is always here. He is everywhere. What you saw was something else."
Notice: only servants of Satan need to be invited in. You can invite them in directly, where they appear harmless and ask you straight out, or it can be something as simple as believing in a Ouija board and providing the spirits in your house a doorway into your reality. Even believing in the ghost of my dead cat come back to protect my family from evil spirits allows the spirits room to exist in my reality. Damn. I'm screwed...

No comments:

Post a Comment