22 August 2012

Late August Lights

I don't know how to write these anymore.

I want to write fiction-sounding real horror stories but how can I fictionalize shit that's really going on? 

I was at my mothers house last night and the lighting was all funky. I had to change a light bulb and point it at the wall so this sickly green light bathed our faces. Then I brought in a tall, three legged lamp and stood it in the corner. The outlet I used was funky and the lamp had a rough time getting into my room. 

So we're sitting in my room.
Three of us. The light starts to flicker. 
I say, "Lights always flicker around me."
They say, "Huh."
I take a puff of my cigarette and move to pass it to my friend.
The light shuts off.
I reach behind me to the wall and flip on the light switch. 
A friend of mine stands up to adjust the light bulb-- see if that makes a difference. He's reaching for the lamp when suddenly
the light comes back on.
Shining solidly and bright. 

In the dark
Juan says, "Did that really just happen?"
In the dark I say, "Lukas can you fix the light please? I'll turn on the overhead."

LIGHT

That was creepy. 

NEW MISSION: Learn how to describe that chill you get in your spine when you come to understand you're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment